Friday, October 15, 2010

Why This Blog?

As some of you may know, since about a month and a half ago I got obsessed about running.  I think about it a lot.  All the time.  Whether it's mental analysis of how to improve my technique, anguishing hopes of not getting injured, or imagining all the crazy runs I can do in my lifetime, running is my preoccupation.

I think this fits pretty well the definition of obsession: "the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc." hence the name.

So the reasons for starting this blog are three-fold:
1) To provide a creative outlet for all this mental energy (running is certainly an outlet for the physical one!)
2) To share my experience and hopefully find like-minded people
3) It'd be interesting to read this stuff years from now!  I read over some of the things I wrote back in high school and Oh Boy, what was I thinking??

So, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment