Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm improving?

Two things recently:
1) I seem to have recovered from the 20 miler way faster than I expected given how shitty I felt the night of.  The next day I ran up and down the stairs no problem, and a day later (yesterday) I ran a 5K with my coworkers at around 8:10 pace, which is fast for me, and it felt good.  Maybe it's a fluke and it'll take me longer to recover from the next big run, or maybe I'm really improving.  

2) Last Thursday had to run about 1/3 mile from my car to the terminal as I was cutting it way too close to make my flight (I parked the car at like 20-25 minutes pre-flight).  I had on a heavy leather jacket, a reasonably full backpack, and work shoes.  Before I wouldn't even try running in non-running shoes.  But now, using my forefoot landing technique, I completed the run quickly (didn't time it, but ran the whole way without stopping) and made my flight.  Wasn't even short of breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment