Friday, March 11, 2011

i do love sprinting, still

I started running with a running club on the Caltech Track called the Los Feliz flyers.  It's a lot of fun!  There are runners of all levels competing in anything from 5Ks to ultramarathons.  They run every Wednesday.  This past Wednesday we did 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 300 with negative splits.

I still struggle setting the right pace for the longer sprints (1600-800) [Hah, now I call 1 mile a sprint, I really am becoming a long distance runner] - i.e. I run them too slow. I have this fear that I will get tired too soon and will have to run the remaining laps in pain.  I guess I just gotta get over it. But even then, it's way faster than any of my weekend long runs.

And the long runs just don't quite give that awesome feeling of burn to the legs.  Sure, they make the legs feel tired and tingly, but post-sprinting legs sometimes feel similar to going to the gym and doing a bunch of bench press.  It's a feeling of raw Power.  RAWR.  Not to mention running really really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment